The requirements for admission to Punjab Agricultural University vary depending on the program you are applying for. However, the general requirements are as follows:
- Educational qualification: You must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board or university with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- Entrance exam scores: For admission to most undergraduate programs at PAU, you must have appeared for and scored well in the Punjab Agricultural University Entrance Test (PAU MET). However, there are some exceptions. For example, for admission to the B.Tech program in Agricultural Engineering, you must have appeared for and scored well in the Joint Entrance Examination – Main (JEE Main).
- Interview performance: If you are shortlisted based on your entrance exam scores, you will be invited for an interview. Your performance in the interview will be a factor in your final selection.
- Academic record: Your academic record in your previous examinations will also be considered for admission.
In addition to the above requirements, you may also need to meet specific requirements for the program you are applying for. You can find more information about the admission requirements for specific programs on the PAU website.
- Start preparing for the entrance exam well in advance.
- Practice solving mock tests and previous year’s question papers.
- Be prepared to answer common interview questions.
- Highlight your strengths and achievements in your application form and interview.