Early Life and Career
Rachin Ravindra, born on November 18, 1999, in Wellington, New Zealand, has emerged as a significant talent in international cricket. His journey to cricketing prominence began at a young age, influenced by his namesakes, Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid.
Ravindra made his mark on the international stage with his debut for the New Zealand cricket team in 2021, showcasing his skills as an all-rounder.
World Cup 2023 Stats
Rachin Ravindra’s performance in the 2023 World Cup was nothing short of remarkable:
- Opening Match Against England:
- Scored 123* runs off 96 balls.
- Fastest century by a New Zealander in World Cup history, reaching 100 in 82 balls.
- Youngest New Zealander to score a World Cup century at 23 years and 321 days.
- Match Against Australia:
- Scored his second century in a high-scoring chase.
- Became only the second player after Sachin Tendulkar to score 2 centuries in World Cups at the age of 23.
- Match Against Pakistan:
- Became the second youngest batter after Sachin Tendulkar to complete 500 runs in ODI World Cup history.
- Set a new record for most World Cup centuries before the age of 24 years.
- Match Against Sri Lanka:
- Broke the record for the most runs by a player in their debut World Cup with 550 runs.
- Surpassed Sachin Tendulkar’s record for most runs in a single World Cup edition before turning 25.
Rachin Ravindra’s phenomenal performance in the 2023 World Cup has firmly established him as a rising star in international cricket, showcasing his prowess as both a batsman and a bowler. His journey from a young talent in Wellington to a key player in the New Zealand cricket team is a testament to his dedication and skill in the sport.
Rachin Ravindra World Cup 2023 Stats
|1st Match||England||[Date]||123* (96 balls)||Fastest century by a NZ player in WC, Youngest NZ player to score WC century|
|Group Stage||Australia||28 Oct 2023||2nd Century||Second batter after Tendulkar to score 2 centuries in WCs at 23|
|Group Stage||Pakistan||4 Nov 2023||Century||Second youngest to complete 500 runs in ODI WC, Most WC centuries before 24|
|Group Stage||Sri Lanka||9 Nov 2023||[Runs]||Most runs by a player in debut WC (550 runs), Surpassed Tendulkar’s record for most runs before 25 in a single WC|